Although we can’t walk together physically, we can still stay connected and have fun with our teams. We are all in this together!
The Walk to End ALS is ALS Canada's main source of fundraising. There is NO Government support and as you can imagine this is going to be a tough year for fundraising. As a person living with ALS I cannot tell you how much Travis and I rely on the support of ALS Canada. They have provided us with equipment, mental health support and most importantly HOPE through providing funding to the most promising research. If you can help in any way, THANK YOU! No effort or donation is too small.
Shout out to Clementine Nuñez for being the first to Join our team and make a donation!
We know how important the Walk to End ALS is to people affected by ALS. It’s more than just a fundraiser – it builds community and connects people. We are committed to honouring this experience and creating an opportunity for the ALS community come together to show their support. It’s your Walk, your way!
To support you in physical distancing, we have put together some fun activities and ideas to keep connected:
- Chalk Your Walk: get outside and use sidewalk chalk to show your neighbours that you’re still doing the Walk to End ALS on June 21, 2020!
- Take a selfie: post a photo about why you walk and share it on your social media – don’t forget to tag us at @ALSCanada
- Throw-back: share a photo of your favourite Walk memory- post on your front window for passersby or on social media and tag us @alscanada
- Get Groovy: tune into our Walk to End ALS playlist on Spotify
- Coming soon! ALS Canada colouring pages: download Walk to End ALS colouring pages & stencils
- Coming soon! DIY T-shirt: download stencils to decorate your own t-shirts and have fun with the whole family
- Car Parade: Invite your team to decorate their windows, make signs for the car, top up with decorations like balloons, streamers and do a car parade around town